4.28.2005

My line of work

I'm sitting in the cockpit of the Slave 1 as I write this. She's on auto, slowly wading into a new system who's nav info I don't happen to have stored in the Navacomputer. This means it will take awhile to get where I'm going as I don't exactly want to come screaming into unknown territory at lightspeed. I might bounce to close to a supernova or something, and that would end my trip real quick wouldn't it?

So anyway, that leaves me with some time to sit here and ponder things. I've received a fair amount of email since I started this thing and I suppose I might as well respond to some of it while I wait to get down to my target planets surface. A lot of the email has been about my chosen profession, and how "evil" it is... and how I should really apply my talents to something "better". In person, the short response to that sort of annoying comment would likely be a quick shot from my sawed off EE-3 blaster rifle... typically to the forehead, supposing the offending creature had one. When I don't have access to a being who's made such a stupid comment my best response is two words;

Sod off.

I mean really people, what would you have me do here? I'm the single most feared bounty hunter in the entire galaxy. I've worked for Lords and Presidents, company CEO's and famous entertainers. I've travelled from one end of the galaxy to the other, offing people left and right as my contracts outlined, and often times in ways they didn't. My entire life has been dedicated to ending the lives of others WHEN I'm paid for it... or occassionally when someone pisses me off. I see nothing wrong with that at all.

Look at it form my point of view. As I see it, there is no such thing as good or evil. No one wakes up in the morning and says "I think I'll do some evil today!", instead they do what's best for them. "Evil" comes in when what's best for me, happens to be not what's best for you. If for instance you hire me to take care of someone for you and I do it, you'd be happy and pay me accordingly. (You'd damned well better anyway). If on the other hand someone else hired me to kill you, well you'd be far less happy about it lets just leave it at that. So, evil is relative and that being the case good must be as well. So if there is no good or evil then clearly I can't be doing anything that bad now can I? I'm simply taking advantage of my talents and positioning myself in between two opposing parties for profit. That I invariably end up killing one of those parties is a moot point, the key is that it's got to be done and it's not an inherently evil thing. It's just business. Well ok, I enjoy the hell out of it too but that's besides the point.

So there's my philosophy on my line of work, take it or leave it but don't bother me about it. If anyone just doesn't get it yet, email me or make a comment here. Perhaps I can educate you. If you don't get it after a few attempts then leave your full address and a time I can reach you... I'm much more persuasive in person.

Time to go, I'm pulling into orbit and will have to find a decent place to land on this forsaken piece of rock in a bit. I hate these swampy places, but a job's a job and the money... it's good.

Remember, as I always say... stay out of trouble, but if you can't stay out of it, shoot it in the face.

- Boba

11 Comments:

Anonymous Bossk said...

Your on my hit list buddy.
IG-77 and I have your current coordinates. We are right on your tail.
Just wanted to give you a fair warning.

16:52  
Anonymous Xalfein said...

Fair warning?

No wonder you are always on the losing team.

11:31  
Anonymous Vork the Terrible said...

Long time space pirate, first time poster. Like your style, we'll have to talk business sometime if there's ever jobs I can't do myself.

And...

Fair warning? Man, what a bunch of amateurs.

Best way to get anything done is to have the inside man turn off their shield generators right as you emerge from hyperspace, ions blazing.

Second best is to warn them AFTER you shoot them, just for kicks. It's hilarious to see the look on the faces of ship crews when you've disabled them and tell them their deaths are imminent unless they do something really humiliating and demeaning on the sceen for your viewing pleasure.

(Most of the time, I still kill them all except for one crew member, who is marooned at the nearest starport to tell tales about their horrible day. They don't call me Vork the Terrible for nothing, after all.)

Anyway. I digress. Nice site, effective business model. Keep it up.

17:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a campaign email marketing software site/blog. It pretty much covers campaign email marketing software related stuff. Plus you can advertise to billions using our campaign email marketing software tools.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

05:45  
Anonymous part time work from home said...

My line of work... I've enjoyed reading your blog. I was searching for part time work from home sites. I have a home based business and I wanted some ideas and tips. I also have a blog, it is www.adminsupervisor.blogspot.com it’s new and it’s getting better all the time. Have a look if you want, but I'm moving house and have not posted in a while. I'll get back to it soon.

My other site is a part time work from home site. I recently decided to build my own income and I thought I searching for tips would help me become a better mentor.

Keep up the great work Boba Fett, I'll be back soon.

23:58  
Anonymous work from home on line said...

Boba Fett, you have a great blog here. My line of work caught my eye and I thought I would put a post on it. I'm looking for help.

The site I have is a work at home internet job site. Its all about, need I say it, working from home. I think people should have the choice to build their own income instead of somebody else’s. Freedom of well being and all of that...anyway I was on your site looking for ways to help my business. I'm really looking for ways of building better rapport between recruits.

Anyways Boba Fett thanks for the great blog. I'll just have to carry on my search till I find what I'm looking for. Take care.

00:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nice Blog!

if you want to look at my web site it tells you haow to get top ranking with your websites and there is even a free trial of my Blog Submission Software at http://www.autoblogblaster.com/ so go there now and check it out if you have the time. Blog Submission Software

14:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nice Blog!

if you want to look at my web site it tells you haow to get top ranking with your websites and there is even a free trial of my Blog Submission Software at http://www.autoblogblaster.com/ so go there now and check it out if you have the time. Blog Submission Software

15:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I managed to ##Capture ## your ##Blog ## whilst trying to ##Dominate ## the scenes with my ##Blog## I did enjoy reading what you wrote even tho' i did not intend to as I was looking for a site that a story of ##MLM##so I stopped by your site , Interesting, i like how the other half lives, Nice read , than you. Annieb

14:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I managed to ##Capture ## your ##Blog ## whilst trying to ##Dominate ## the scenes with my ##Blog## I did enjoy reading what you wrote even tho' i did not intend to as I was looking for a site that a story of ##MLM##so I stopped by your site , Interesting, i like how the other half lives, Nice read , than you. Annieb

15:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I managed to ##Capture ## your ##Blog ## whilst trying to ##Dominate ## the scenes with my ##Blog## I did enjoy reading what you wrote even tho' i did not intend to as I was looking for a site that a story of ##MLM##so I stopped by your site , Interesting, i like how the other half lives, Nice read , than you. Annieb

16:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home